Retaking the GRE as a re-applicant

Hello all,

So I'm sure a lot of you have taken/are planning to take the GRE. I took it last year for my first application cycle and managed to get 3 interviews last cycle with the seemingly average score of:

149 Verbal

154 Quant

4.0 Writing

Unfortunately, since apparently my interview skills suck 😕, I am reapplying this cycle. Since the last cycle I have worked full-time as a CNA in a hospital/ICU setting accruing about 2000 hours (total ~3400 now), took two online classes in Abnormal Psych and Medical Ethics in which i got A's in, shadowed a few of PAs in various settings (~32 hours for about 150 hours total now). cGPA and sGPA are pretty average as well (~3.5, 3.4 respectively). I think my PS helped me a ton in getting interviews.

Anyway, my question is do you guys think I should retake the GRE to get a higher score? I'll be honest, I strongly dislike this test so my motivation to retake it is already low. Or do you think it's okay to use this score again with this upcoming cycle?

Any input is appreciated!

Happy (almost) CASPA day!

Your GRE score is good, and you definitely strengthened your application. Your sCPA and cGPA are average, so I understand why you would consider retaking the GRE. Attend some information meetings at some of the schools you plan on applying to, and ask them what they think. The percentiles should be around the 50th percentile mark. A GRE score of 303 and 4.0W is good with a strong application. I think you should just practice your interviewing

Edited by Potatolife

• 2 years later...
On 4/24/2019 at 10:54 PM, BarryO said:

Hello all,

So I'm sure a lot of you have taken/are planning to take the GRE. I took it last year for my first application cycle and managed to get 3 interviews last cycle with the seemingly average score of:

149 Verbal

154 Quant

4.0 Writing

Unfortunately, since apparently my interview skills suck 😕, I am reapplying this cycle. Since the last cycle I have worked full-time as a CNA in a hospital/ICU setting accruing about 2000 hours (total ~3400 now), took two online classes in Abnormal Psych and Medical Ethics in which i got A's in, shadowed a few of PAs in various settings (~32 hours for about 150 hours total now). cGPA and sGPA are pretty average as well (~3.5, 3.4 respectively). I think my PS helped me a ton in getting interviews.

Anyway, my question is do you guys think I should retake the GRE to get a higher score? I'll be honest, I strongly dislike this test so my motivation to retake it is already low. Or do you think it's okay to use this score again with this upcoming cycle?

Any input is appreciated!

Happy (almost) CASPA day!

Hi - I am looking for a Medical Ethics online course.  Where did you register for take that course?