PA-S looking for clinical rotation in Athens, GA

Hi everyone,

I am a second year PA-S in Mississippi but my husband is starting law school in Athens, GA this August so I am trying to get in contact with providers in the area who may be willing to be my preceptor.

Are there any PAs, MDs, or NPs out there who work in the Athens, GA area who would be willing to take on a PA student for a rotation?  

This would be for my “clerkship” so I can choose whichever specialty I’d like. I am interested in internal medicine, neurology, endocrinology, and hematology but I’m open to other specialties as well 😊

I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate place to post this question, I’m just unsure at this point how to get in contact with providers in the Athens area. 

Thanks so much! 

• 4 months later...

Hey! I graduated from UGA and am in PA school now.  I don't know any specific individuals, but there is a UGA Pre-Physician Assistant Association facebook group. I still get notifications and I see a lot of posts from current PA-C's who accept undergrad students for shadowing.  Perhaps you could check there for rotation options..  Also St. Mary's hospital and Athens regional both take a lot of undergrad volunteers so they may be inclined to help a grad student as well.  Good luck and go dawgs!