Help with Personal Statement

I've been jotting down notes and have even come up with a few paragraphs for my personal statement but can't get down to one fluid storyline to finish. Many ideas come up and then end up getting erased, setting me back a bit. Is there any way I could get help getting started and organized? Any suggestions?

At this point, my biggest piece of advice would be to allow yourself to free write. It sounds like you're trying to get "organized" too early on in the process. You're getting ahead of yourself. First, create all of your content. Just think about the prompt and keep writing. Then, organize and edit.

Here's an article I wrote about my writing process, it might be helpful for you: 

3 hours ago, hmtpnw said:

Also, feel free to send me your essay when you're ready for feedback! Happy to help.

Could I send you the ideas I have now? I have somewhat of a flow, however unfinished. I just don't want to finish an entire personal statement just to be told my original ideas weren't good and that I should start over. I'm trying to nip everything in the bud in order to save me time and headache. 

12 hours ago, Sb123 said:

Could I send you the ideas I have now? I have somewhat of a flow, however unfinished. I just don't want to finish an entire personal statement just to be told my original ideas weren't good and that I should start over. I'm trying to nip everything in the bud in order to save me time and headache. 

Sure!

Archived