Should I retake The GRE?

I recently took the GRE for the second time and scored a 300. However, I made a 146 in the quantitative section. This put me in the 23rd percentile. With a GPA of a 3.8 and experience as a patient care tech in the ER, would this low percentile put me out of the competitive range? 

Depends on the schools you want to apply to. A couple of the schools I applied to required at least the 50th percentile in each section while another required at least a 25th percentile in each section. Not all schools have a minimum and some don't require the GRE at all, so if I were you I'd do some more research on the schools you want to apply to and see what they require in terms of the GRE. And don't just look at the minimums, look at the accepted student profiles to see where you fall. Here's a good place to start: https://admissionshelpers.com/gre-requirements-for-pa-schools/ 

If it was me, I would retake. Most schools wants minimum 150 per section or 50th percentile per section. You have other good stats, but if you don’t meet a school’s GRE requirements, your application will likely get screened out. What resources did you use? I found Magoosh to be very helpful. 

Archived