1. 1. Hourly, PRN pay without benefits?

• $36-40/hour
    • $41-45/hour
    • $46-50/hour
    • $51-55/hour
    • $56-60/hour
    • $61-65/hour
    • $65-70/hour

New grad = <24months out from graduation.

If you had or have a position that was/is prn paying hourly, what was your starting rate at? This would be a position without any other benefits.

I know I posted something similar to this recently, but decided to make it a little more broad. It can be in the private sector or non-profit. Thanks.

a new grad without experience probably won't be able to find anything for more than 45/hr tops unless you are somewhere crazy like the bay area.

I work a few per diem jobs that have no benefits. with 23 yrs experience in em they pay 50-60/hr(depending on shift) for trauma ctr coverage and 56.50/hr for rural ed coverage( after 10 yrs, started at 35/hr).

A lot of people voted in the low area. Do they realize that when nurses go into these agencies that's about what they are making? You are going to have more responsibilities w/o benefits....that's why I high balled it. You got the max from me.

That is something I have been considering as well. My fiancee is a nurse at one of the local hospitals. If she was to go PRN without any benefits and only 2 years experience she would be at $30/hour. That is why I wanted to see what others thought. Keep it going guys. I appreciate it.

the difference ends when you compare top salaries for agency rn vs per diem pa with experience.

most agency nurses make 35-50/hr with a select few making 60/hr.

high end pa's can make 70+/hr if they are willing to work anywhere. I just quit a per diem job that paid up to 105/hr because I couldn't stand the work environment.

one of my colleagues just signed for 70/hr for urgent care 2 days/mo.

Going rate for an occupational therapy assistant PRN in the Tampa area, as far south to Fort Myers, is $35 an hour. Hasn't changed over the last 3 years, and that is what I've received from at least 6 companies. PTA is pretty much the same. I believe OT and PT PRN rates are 45-55/hour. Those are skilled nursing rates or home health; I'm not sure what the hospital rates are like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived