which school?

I am deciding between two program, one that is a better program face value but is out of the state I want to live in afterwards and far from family, and the other that isn’t as “good” in terms of name, but it is closer to home and in the state i want to live in afterwards. 

What should i focus on more, being closer to support and in the state i want to live in, or attending the better program that is out of state? 

After interviewing at both programs, was there one that made you feel most comfortable and made you feel like the program really wants you to succeed? Im not quite sure what you meant by "isn't as "good" in terms of name." Do you mind elaborating more on that?

4 hours ago, Monet said:

After interviewing at both programs, was there one that made you feel most comfortable and made you feel like the program really wants you to succeed? Im not quite sure what you meant by "isn't as "good" in terms of name." Do you mind elaborating more on that?

Like that program isn’t as highly revered based on its name or ranking! 

2 hours ago, MT2PA said:

Go to the one in an area where you want to work afterwards.  You'll likely do more rotations there and if anything can lead to a job, it's rotations, not school name or 'rank/revere'.

thank you for your input! Yes i think after a long hard time of consideration and weighing out the benefits of both, I've realized that vicinity to my family is something that i prioritize along with being in the state that i would like to further my future career.

That is great that you have realized which school would be best for you. I have been told that the "rank/revere" really is not looked at when going for the job. They just want to make sure you are competent and are certified. Good luck with all your future endeavors. 

Archived