Question about Pending Courses and CASPA

Hello,

I graduated from the University of Michigan last year. I decided to take one more general nutrition course (it will start on 5/7/12 and go on until 7/18/12) at a community college because some schools do not count the one I already have. Basically, at the University of Michigan there were only two nutrition courses offered. One was a sports nutrition course (which I took), and the other was the general nutrition course. Unfortunately, the professor of the general nutrition course passed away so I (nor anyone else) didn't even get a chance to register for the class.

I plan on creating my account tomorrow, and I understand that for CASPA, you have to list ALL the institutions you have attended. Technically, this course is a pending class so would I still need to list it under the attended institutions? My problem is that I wanted to "complete" my application before or by June, and I don't want to have to wait until my ONE nutrition course ends until I apply (It will end 7/18/12, and ordering transcripts/processing CASPA will take too long!). I know a lot of people have applied with pending courses...so would I need to list the community college under the institutions attended/would my application be considered incomplete without a transcript from the community college?

Thank you! Would I still need to list the community college under "Attended Institutions?"

Yes, because you can not add a class to your courses list without adding the institution first. Whether CASPA will require a transcript for a school that you haven't completed any classes at yet, I don't know. You should be able to get a transcript that shows your course in progress if they do.

Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know. I guess since they seemed so strict about receiving ALL transcripts, I was worried that they wouldn't send my application to any schools until that one class ended/transcript is received. If they still accept a transcript that shows my course is in progress, that would be the best solution. Do you know of anyone who has applied/is applying with pending classes?

Archived