Program Questions

Hi everyone , I have three questions:

1. It was mentioned that some core rotations (varying the past few years) are "of-need," i.e. we may have to schedule them on our own? Has this been the case, and if so how has this affected your overall rotation experience/end-of-rotation prep etc.?

2. Tuition is listed at $11,600 per trimester; is this to be interpreted as 3 billings of $11,600 per 12 months (fall/spring/summer)? I'm trying to get an accurate picture of cost.

3. What are the state of procedural rooms, OSCE prep rooms etc.? We received a tour of the building, but we didn't get a complete picture of the state of the facilities used for procedural training.

Thanks!

On 12/16/2018 at 9:04 PM, EDtoPA2021 said:

Hi everyone , I have three questions:

1. It was mentioned that some core rotations (varying the past few years) are "of-need," i.e. we may have to schedule them on our own? Has this been the case, and if so how has this affected your overall rotation experience/end-of-rotation prep etc.?

2. Tuition is listed at $11,600 per trimester; is this to be interpreted as 3 billings of $11,600 per 12 months (fall/spring/summer)? I'm trying to get an accurate picture of cost.

3. What are the state of procedural rooms, OSCE prep rooms etc.? We received a tour of the building, but we didn't get a complete picture of the state of the facilities used for procedural training.

Thanks!

1. It was mentioned that some core rotations (varying the past few years) are "of-need," i.e. we may have to schedule them on our own? Has this been the case, and if so how has this affected your overall rotation experience/end-of-rotation prep etc.?

You don't have to worry about scheduling them. All of my rotations were done for me. "of-need" meant that there was limited number of sites. Womens health is notoriously hard for taking students for obvious reasons. What it means is, because there is limited women's health they usually guarantee one "away" rotation (outside of Charlotte area). For example, my roommate went to Ahoskie, NC for his away rotation. I don't feel it affected my education, only finances but they tell you well in advance so you can budget accordingly. All other of my 9 rotations were within 30-40 miles of my apartment in Charlotte.

2. Tuition is listed at $11,600 per trimester; is this to be interpreted as 3 billings of $11,600 per 12 months (fall/spring/summer)?

Correct, that sounds about right. Tuition for 3 semesters for our class was ~$32,000 (Fall/Spring/Summer). So there will be a total of 7 semesters for wingate program

3. What are the state of procedural rooms, OSCE prep rooms etc.? We received a tour of the building, but we didn't get a complete picture of the state of the facilities used for procedural training.

Not sure what to say here. The building is pretty new, so they are in great condition? The 6 patient exam rooms are what used in Patient Assessment/OSCE tests (individual rooms), they mirror what you see in practice. The patient assessment "class" is held on top floor with ~25 exam tables and that is where you practice, but you can use the individual rooms for practice whenever you want.

As for procedural training its held in the anatomy lab/across the hall from the lecture hall. On top of having anatomy in there, you will later learn casting/splinting/suturing/IV placement/shots

Hope that helps let me know if you have any other questions

• 1 month later...

To add some more input:

1. It was mentioned that some core rotations (varying the past few years) are "of-need," i.e. we may have to schedule them on our own?

They may shuffle these around, but for the most part they will try to send you to something near you. I had a handful less than five minutes away, and some that were almost an hours drive. Rotation experience was not negatively impacted by this, the preceptors get what you are going through and are mostly understanding.

2. Tuition is listed at $11,600 per trimester; is this to be interpreted as 3 billings of $11,600 per 12 months (fall/spring/summer)?

Your math sounds right. If you take the full tuition+COL that would be >130k with interest.

3. What are the state of procedural rooms, OSCE prep rooms etc.?

The prep rooms are new, as the building is fairly new.

Archived