Still waiting

Hey guys, I applied to 8 schools in mid July and have only heard back from 3 of them (1 invite and 2 rejections). My last rejection was August 28th and I have not heard back from any other program since. How late is it in the cycle? This is my first time applying. Is there still hope for November and December interviews? I just never thought I would be waiting this long. 

My stats:

cGPA: 3.66

SciGPA: 3.63

NonSciGPA: 3.7

GRE: Q: 145, V: 157, AW: 3 (writing is bad I know, but hopefully my verbal score will compensate for that)

HCE/PCE: 1,150 hours as an ER medical scribe. About to start a new job next week as a cell saver tech in the OR

Short answer is it’s late in most cycles, long answer is it depends on the school. OU Tulsa for example hasn’t sent out any interviews yet, probably mid November, whereas Hardin Simmons is pretty much filled up. I recommend you check each schools forum and see how many interview dates there have been. After that it’s simple math, if the school has 30 seats, interviews on average 200 students, there have been 7 interview dates with roughly 25 students in each... well you’re outta luck chances are, or it could be the first round.

Archived