Duke Waitlist Process

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone who was waitlisted at duke and was accepted understands the process of their waitlist? The email said that they still accept students off of the waitlist throughout the cycle. Does this mean we can hear back earlier than the end of the interview cycle?

Really losing hope as I have no upcoming interviews. I was wondering if anyone who did get accepted from the waitlist could offer some insight.

Thank you!

Guest thatgirlonabike

Check out the Duke specific page under the PA school forum.  You can read through this years and last years discussions.  It might shed some light on the process. 

4 hours ago, thatgirlonabike said:

Check out the Duke specific page under the PA school forum.  You can read through this years and last years discussions.  It might shed some light on the process. 

Haha yea. I've definitely looked through it! Some hear back a week later, some months. I guess I just wanted to see if there was a set pattern or how long the waitlist is or even if everyone who gets an interview and not accepted gets on the list

1 hour ago, pacplease said:

Haha yea. I've definitely looked through it! Some hear back a week later, some months. I guess I just wanted to see if there was a set pattern or how long the waitlist is or even if everyone who gets an interview and not accepted gets on the list

I know someone who interviewed and was rejected, so they don’t just put everyone on the waitlist.

18 hours ago, pacplease said:

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone who was waitlisted at duke and was accepted understands the process of their waitlist? The email said that they still accept students off of the waitlist throughout the cycle. Does this mean we can hear back earlier than the end of the interview cycle?

Really losing hope as I have no upcoming interviews. I was wondering if anyone who did get accepted from the waitlist could offer some insight.

Thank you!

Hi! I just posted on the application thread about this. Duke accepts people off the waitlist throughout the interview cycle and after. How it worked last year was that if you were waitlisted in an earlier interview cycle you were likely to get pulled off the waitlist as soon as a week after getting the notification (but it can be variable). There was a girl I interviewed with last year who was waitlisted after the first round of interviews and then got an acceptance email around a week later. Don't lose hope! ?

4 hours ago, medlabscientist said:

Hi! I just posted on the application thread about this. Duke accepts people off the waitlist throughout the interview cycle and after. How it worked last year was that if you were waitlisted in an earlier interview cycle you were likely to get pulled off the waitlist as soon as a week after getting the notification (but it can be variable). There was a girl I interviewed with last year who was waitlisted after the first round of interviews and then got an acceptance email around a week later. Don't lose hope! ?

That gives me so much more hope hahah. Thank you! You the real mvp

Archived