Interview Process????

Can anyone explain the interview process to me?  The school I applied to (Union College) started sending out interview invitations Monday the 24th. If I haven't heard anything by now (a week) do I still have a chance?  How does the interview process work?  Do they have different groups they interview over time or do they choose all the people they want to interview from the beginning.  I know each school might be different but any experience in this subject would be great.  I'm stressing and trying to figure out what my chances are. 

Most schools have multiple interview dates and send invites at different times for different dates. For instance if they have an interview on the 29th they may send all the invites for that interview day at the same time but not for later interview dates. That being said every school is different. It may be helpful to look at the pa forum page for the schools you applied to. You can look at previous years to get an idea of how the school handles their interview invites.

Based on my experience so far it seems programs have multiple interview dates and invite applicants as they sort through the applications. It seems common practice in admissions to have two different people look at your application (and sometimes a third if there is a disagreement between the two). This process takes a lot of time and therefore you still have a chance! Look at previous forum threads to find out what the interview dates were in previous years. Once you interview most programs will give you a decision (acceptance, rejection, or wait list) in about 2-3 weeks. Some programs wait until after all the interviews are done. Good luck!

Archived