Reinterviewing at a program from a prior cycle

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any experience reinterviewing at programs. 2 years ago, I attended an interview at my top choice program. After getting the rejection, I spent time reviewing my application. I didn't apply last year and instead spent 2 years strengthening my academic, clinical, and volunteer experiences. I was excited to see they want me to come back for another interview this year.

Has anyone here reinterviewed at the same school? I'm expecting them to ask how I've strengthened myself since I last interviewed with them. What other questions should I prepare for? Do schools change their interview format for prior candidates? Should I expect to be surrounded by other applicants that are being given a second chance? Thanks!

I have interviewed at the same school two years in a row. I don't believe they interview all reapplicants at the same time. I would say be prepared to answer how you have strengthened your application and whether you reached out to the program to ask what you could improve.

Archived