Genetics or Immunology?

I'm starting PA school in a couple of months and I took immunology but not genetics. I feel like I picked up the basics of genetics from intro bio, micro, immunology, and biochem...my point being, you will learn a bit of genetics along the way, but you will never really get immunology unless you specifically study it.

You should also look at the prereqs of the schools you are interested in...many schools require genetics, some require "upper level bio", but very few specify immunology.

Good luck.

I'm starting PA school in a couple of months and I took immunology but not genetics. I feel like I picked up the basics of genetics from intro bio, micro, immunology, and biochem...my point being, you will learn a bit of genetics along the way, but you will never really get immunology unless you specifically study it.

You should also look at the prereqs of the schools you are interested in...many schools require genetics, some require "upper level bio", but very few specify immunology.

Good luck.

Guest hubbardtim48

I took genetics and not immunology, but had two good friends take both and they stated they like genetics better because it could be applied easier. One was pre-PA and the other was pre- Pharm. I loved my genetics classes and we had some awesome fruit fly labs and I really learned a lot about genetics and it has been helpful so far. I think a lot of schools I looked at required or recommended genetics. None of the schools I looked at never said anything about immunology. Good luck!

Guest hubbardtim48

I took genetics and not immunology, but had two good friends take both and they stated they like genetics better because it could be applied easier. One was pre-PA and the other was pre- Pharm. I loved my genetics classes and we had some awesome fruit fly labs and I really learned a lot about genetics and it has been helpful so far. I think a lot of schools I looked at required or recommended genetics. None of the schools I looked at never said anything about immunology. Good luck!

Archived