Application questions

Quick question here. I retook 4 courses this summer-- two of them finished this week. The others are set to start next week and finish mid-August. 

I've narrowed down my list of programs to apply to. Some have an August 1 deadline while the rest are September/October. 

My question is-- does CASPA allow you to add a second transcript from the same university? In other words, could I apply to the programs with an August 1st deadline with just these first 2 summer courses completed and then have the school send another transcript to CASPA in August once I finish the other courses so that the rest of the programs I apply to see all of my grades as opposed to just the ones I'm finished with now?

Just put them as "in progress" unless you can get a verified transcript in before Aug 1. The programs will contact you directly after for follow up info. You can update CASPA but from what I've seen and experienced, if a program is serious about offering you an interview, they bypass CASPA after the initial application. 

As for the deadlines, earlier is better, made the difference for me between 0 interviews the first time to 4 out of 5 the second. If you're going to be pushing them, you need to be extremely competitive/desirable because they will have already looked at 1,000 others.

3 hours ago, Anachronist said:

Just put them as "in progress" unless you can get a verified transcript in before Aug 1. The programs will contact you directly after for follow up info. You can update CASPA but from what I've seen and experienced, if a program is serious about offering you an interview, they bypass CASPA after the initial application. 

As for the deadlines, earlier is better, made the difference for me between 0 interviews the first time to 4 out of 5 the second. If you're going to be pushing them, you need to be extremely competitive/desirable because they will have already looked at 1,000 others.

do you know who we would send the transcripts to once the classes are completed? would you send it to caspa or to each individual school? Thanks! 

18 hours ago, Anachronist said:

Thanks for the info! I guess where these next two courses are retakes, I would want the schools to see that I have an A the second time around as opposed to a C the first time with an "in progress" in there. 

Definitely better to get apps in as early as possible. Would you say that is still the case even for programs who do not do rolling admissions?

17 hours ago, abc2018 said:

do you know who we would send the transcripts to once the classes are completed? would you send it to caspa or to each individual school? Thanks! 

In my experience, the school contacted me directly via email and told me where to have the official transcript of a postbacc class sent.

Archived