Pre-req Questions on CASPA Program Materials Section

Hello! I'm currently filling out the program material section for each school, but I'm a little lost. I would greatly appreciate your recommendations or any input! 

1. One program requires additional bio courses excluding the pre-reqs and states "Biochemistry is recommended." Would you recommend inputting biochem for their pre-req section or a bio class with a higher grade? 

2. Another program "recommends, but does not require" the labs for bio classes. If inputting the labs lowers my pre-req GPA, should I exclude it from the school's pre-req section?

Thank you so much in advance.

Your GPA is cut seven ways to sundown on the CASPA report reviewers see, along with all your grades themselves. When I review, I don't spend much time on the prereq average. I personally put more weight on the science average and specific grades.

Not sure your decision here makes much of difference whichever way you go.

And, in the case of the school I'm hoping to attend they score directly based on the prerequisite GPA for part of the applicant ranking system. So, if I were you I'd choose the highest grade that qualifies as the prerequisite.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Archived