Home states

How many MEDEX students are not from WWAMI-Nevada area. I looking to apply within the next couple of years and I'm from Texas. BCHS program.

There are a couple of people in my class who are not from the WWAMI region, including me; however, my brother lives in Washington which gives me a link to the NW. I know of another guy who is from OK. Not sure what kind of affiliation he has to the NW. The best thing to do is apply and let them decide if they want you or not. Don't disqualify yourself without trying.

How many MEDEX students are not from WWAMI-Nevada area. I looking to apply within the next couple of years and I'm from Texas. BCHS program.

There are a couple of people in my class who are not from the WWAMI region, including me; however, my brother lives in Washington which gives me a link to the NW. I know of another guy who is from OK. Not sure what kind of affiliation he has to the NW. The best thing to do is apply and let them decide if they want you or not. Don't disqualify yourself without trying.

Don't disqualify yourself without trying.

Well said. :)

From my class of about 47, we have 2 from Hawaii, 5 from Cali, 1 from Arizona, 2 from Maine, 1 from Maryland and 1 from Wisconsin. Everyone else is from the WWAMI-N region. That means roughly a quarter aren't from the WWAMI-N region. I'm in that region and I'm the only one from my state so....seems like your odds are about even. :)

Don't disqualify yourself without trying.

Well said. :)

From my class of about 47, we have 2 from Hawaii, 5 from Cali, 1 from Arizona, 2 from Maine, 1 from Maryland and 1 from Wisconsin. Everyone else is from the WWAMI-N region. That means roughly a quarter aren't from the WWAMI-N region. I'm in that region and I'm the only one from my state so....seems like your odds are about even. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's some encouraging food for thought...

I am a part of Yakima 19, and just getting ready to head to Seattle for summer quarter. In our class of 28, we have people from Georgia, Tennessee, New Mexico, and at least 3 from California. Although MEDEX is a proponent for recruiting from the WWAMI region, they will not over-look strong applicants. If MEDEX is what you want, do your research and be able to give a strong answer as to why MEDEX is a better fit for you than a program that might be closer to your home.

Good Luck!

Archived