Taking the GRE on Wednesday... can I submit my CASPA before taking?

My applications are finished, but I'm taking the GRE on Wednesday and am not sure if I should wait to submit on CASPA or not.  I have read that you can submit your application before taking the GRE I just won't be able to enter the scores onto my application once submitted.  I don't believe any of the schools i'm applying to require self-submitted scores, but I'm worried my application will get verified before ETS sends my scores and schools will reject my application for not having the GRE scores.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  I want to apply early, which is why I want to hit the 'submit' button now :) I'm getting anxious! 

2 hours ago, angelabea said:

My applications are finished, but I'm taking the GRE on Wednesday and am not sure if I should wait to submit on CASPA or not.  I have read that you can submit your application before taking the GRE I just won't be able to enter the scores onto my application once submitted.  I don't believe any of the schools i'm applying to require self-submitted scores, but I'm worried my application will get verified before ETS sends my scores and schools will reject my application for not having the GRE scores.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  I want to apply early, which is why I want to hit the 'submit' button now ? I'm getting anxious! 

You should definitely submit your application so that you can get placed in line for verification faster! It can take weeks after you hit submit for your app to actually be verified, so that will buy some time for ETS to process your GRE scores. You don’t have to submit your CASPA and send GRE scores simultaneously, some schools even have a separate deadline for sending in GRE scores, and that deadline could be later than the school’s CASPA deadline, so it’s reslly fine if you don’t send scores right now. Even if your app gets verified before you can send test scores, schools will most likely email you and say “we are missing your GRE scores and we require them by this date” or something, they definitely won’t reject you if their deadline hasn’t even passed yet. 

Good luck on the GRE! 

Guest blee100
2 hours ago, angelabea said:

Thank you!! 

i  would check with the program as well just so you're not wasting money. When I was looking at some programs some requested you submit your Caspa application only when your GRE score was attached. Good luck!!

Archived