How to list professional athlete status on CASPA?

Hi all.

I'm trying to figure out how to list professional athlete status on CASPA. I'm not on a sports team but am a sponsored/paid athlete for some companies. I'm guessing I would list that under extracurricular activities? Would I put the name of the company as the organization? Is that considered a compensated or volunteer extracurricular activity? Would I include the average weekly hours I spend training each week for those activities? Would it be worth listing any major events/competitions/awards in the achievements section as well? Thank you.

Was your position as a professional athlete more of a job, or just a leisure activity? If it was a job I would but it in non-healthcare employment. If not I would put it in extracurriculars. Put the name of the company as the organization you were affiliated with as an athlete.

For instance, in my extracurriculars I was a varsity college athlete. I put the organization as the university and the supervisor as the head coach. I calculated my time by considering how many hours per week we practiced and multiplied that by the weeks of pre-season and semesters I was involved. I did not include hours for the games.

I think it would be good to put major awards in the achievements section. It would show your commitment to your sport and ability to excel.

Archived