I really need some advice about applying..thank you in advance.

Ok here's my situation,

Florida State University

B.S. in Exercise Science

cGPA: 3.18 - (138 credits)

sGPA: 2.95? - (70-80 credits. ughhh, it's going to take so long to improve it)

GRE: 1270 - 610 Verbal, 660 Quant, 4 AW

No HCE besides shadowing OT, PT, and 8 hours of Ortho PA

Each subsequent year I apply to a graduate program...Masters in Public Health, Occupational Therapy, and this year Physical Therapy. I've been accepted to all programs but have avoided applying to PA because I know my grades won't cut it. I've been working with the Department of Defense for the past two years and while it's financially secure, I'm not happy. I am considering applying to PA schools and wanted any and all advice. I want to know if this is possible because I am fully committed. I know it's extremely competitive, but I plan on doing anything I can to make this dream a reality.

I don't plan on applying for Fall2013, but for Fall 2014.

I plan on taking classes I got C's in again( I'm bummed that PA schools only average ). I may quit my job to focus on HCE full time(where should I apply? should I even quit my job?). I have a dermatology PA I plan on shadowing and will continue to make PA contacts in order to apply.

I also have considered DO schools( although I like the role/responsibilities of a PA b better) as they participate in grade replacement.

Ok here's my situation,

Florida State University

B.S. in Exercise Science

cGPA: 3.18 - (138 credits)

sGPA: 2.95? - (70-80 credits. ughhh, it's going to take so long to improve it)

GRE: 1270 - 610 Verbal, 660 Quant, 4 AW

No HCE besides shadowing OT, PT, and 8 hours of Ortho PA

Each subsequent year I apply to a graduate program...Masters in Public Health, Occupational Therapy, and this year Physical Therapy. I've been accepted to all programs but have avoided applying to PA because I know my grades won't cut it. I've been working with the Department of Defense for the past two years and while it's financially secure, I'm not happy. I am considering applying to PA schools and wanted any and all advice. I want to know if this is possible because I am fully committed. I know it's extremely competitive, but I plan on doing anything I can to make this dream a reality.

I don't plan on applying for Fall2013, but for Fall 2014.

I plan on taking classes I got C's in again( I'm bummed that PA schools only average ). I may quit my job to focus on HCE full time(where should I apply? should I even quit my job?). I have a dermatology PA I plan on shadowing and will continue to make PA contacts in order to apply.

I also have considered DO schools( although I like the role/responsibilities of a PA b better) as they participate in grade replacement.

I can be writing articles for nursing journals by the end of the decade with 4 acronyms behind my name.

pamac, rn, bsn, Msn, dnp, fnp-c, mlt

I should talk. when done with school I could(but won't) do this:

emedpa, pa-c, ba, bs, mpa, emt-p, dhsc, dtm&h

I can be writing articles for nursing journals by the end of the decade with 4 acronyms behind my name.

pamac, rn, bsn, Msn, dnp, fnp-c, mlt

I should talk. when done with school I could(but won't) do this:

emedpa, pa-c, ba, bs, mpa, emt-p, dhsc, dtm&h

Not related to the OP's question, but do you really get to put BS and BA after your name? That seems unusual as lots of people have degrees in something. (Unless I'm mistaking the meaning of the letters!) I'm just curious since I've never seen it. Though I guess you could really put whatever you wanted in your signature.

Not related to the OP's question, but do you really get to put BS and BA after your name? That seems unusual as lots of people have degrees in something. (Unless I'm mistaking the meaning of the letters!) I'm just curious since I've never seen it. Though I guess you could really put whatever you wanted in your signature.

not related to the op's question, but do you really get to put bs and ba after your name? That seems unusual as lots of people have degrees in something. (unless i'm mistaking the meaning of the letters!) i'm just curious since i've never seen it. Though i guess you could really put whatever you wanted in your signature.

some folks do. What makes the most sense is to just list your professional credential + highest degree:

Md, phd

pa, dhsc

rn, bsn

etc

not related to the op's question, but do you really get to put bs and ba after your name? That seems unusual as lots of people have degrees in something. (unless i'm mistaking the meaning of the letters!) i'm just curious since i've never seen it. Though i guess you could really put whatever you wanted in your signature.

some folks do. What makes the most sense is to just list your professional credential + highest degree:

Md, phd

pa, dhsc

rn, bsn

etc

It's difficult for me to give you advice due to where you went to school.....but I had similar stats coming out of my bachelor degree. I went back to school for my degree in RT, aced the program and worked for two years, retaking a few prereqs with my hospital paying the tab. I recently gained acceptance to my top choice school. My point is, it can be done, but it will take a few years to undo that fsu college experience.

It's difficult for me to give you advice due to where you went to school.....but I had similar stats coming out of my bachelor degree. I went back to school for my degree in RT, aced the program and worked for two years, retaking a few prereqs with my hospital paying the tab. I recently gained acceptance to my top choice school. My point is, it can be done, but it will take a few years to undo that fsu college experience.

Archived