Pathophysiology

Hi there,

I was just wondering if taking a pathophysiology class will help me in PA school. I am a re-applicant this year and am currently re-taking biochem as I didn't do that great the first time through and the class expires for a lot of school since I took in 2002. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to also take a pathophysiology class. Taking the class wont' help my gpa any since I have so many credits, and it's only a 2 credit class but thought if it would help in PA school, I would take it.

Also, any suggestions for a re-applicant? My gpa is pretty low at 3.1 and my GRE score is 1200. At the time of this application (which will hopefully be early may), I will have accumulated around 2400 hours of HCE and 90 hours of shadowing. The only difference from my last application to this one will be going from about 1000 hours of HCE to 2400 and the biochem retake class.

Thank you for your advice!

Hi there,

I was just wondering if taking a pathophysiology class will help me in PA school. I am a re-applicant this year and am currently re-taking biochem as I didn't do that great the first time through and the class expires for a lot of school since I took in 2002. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to also take a pathophysiology class. Taking the class wont' help my gpa any since I have so many credits, and it's only a 2 credit class but thought if it would help in PA school, I would take it.

Also, any suggestions for a re-applicant? My gpa is pretty low at 3.1 and my GRE score is 1200. At the time of this application (which will hopefully be early may), I will have accumulated around 2400 hours of HCE and 90 hours of shadowing. The only difference from my last application to this one will be going from about 1000 hours of HCE to 2400 and the biochem retake class.

Thank you for your advice!

Pathophys is a great class to have under your belt for PA school. It is probably one of the most applicable that I took during my undergrad and it will give you a nice foundation to build on.

For me, pathophysiology was one of the most helpful classes for PA school. I strongly suggest you take it! So much of what you learn in PA school builds on what you are exposed to in pathophys and it was nice to have at least heard of and been introduced to all of the diseases I am learning now. It was a really challenging course at my undergrad, and I ended up retaking it online here: http://www4.wccnet.edu/academicinfo/creditofferings/takingclasses/schedule/schedule.php?search_creditonly=1&search_distancelearning=1

Pathophys is a great class to have under your belt for PA school. It is probably one of the most applicable that I took during my undergrad and it will give you a nice foundation to build on.

AGREE- I took a 2 term sequence. it was excellent, 2nd only to a+p.

At my school it's a class for non majors. Ended up being useless besides an easy A. Check out ratemyprofessor.com and make sure it's worth your time first.

Thanks! I just checked on ratemyprofesor.com but I wasn't able to tell much from it. All I got was that she was a good teacher and that it was a difficult class (it's at a community college). It's also only a half-semester class so I'm wondering if I would be better off taking a different pathophys class.

Archived