How often to follow up for a job?

I did some searching first, but I was unable to find this question previously asked. How often do you suggest following up for a job position? I don't want to drive them nuts with the holidays here, but I don't want to fall through the cracks either. I've been working with a recruiter who works for the hospital but I also interviewed with the office manager of the particular group. I contacted the office manager 2 weeks ago and have not heard back yet. I reached out to the recruiter yesterday with last contact being about 2 weeks ago also. Thanks! 

Generally I advise following up once usually by email and phone. If you don't get any love either they aren't interested or they are very disorganized.

I applied for a position several years back and heard nothing for 4 months. Then suddenly out of the blue I got an email saying "send us all this paperwork because we are ready to start you!" I just laughed and asked them how many of their prospective providers wait in a communication black hole for 4 months and then are still available.

32 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

Generally I advise following up once usually by email and phone. If you don't get any love either they aren't interested or they are very disorganized.

I applied for a position several years back and heard nothing for 4 months. Then suddenly out of the blue I got an email saying "send us all this paperwork because we are ready to start you!" I just laughed and asked them how many of their prospective providers wait in a communication black hole for 4 months and then are still available.

ha! At this point I'd be ok with hearing from them out of the blue in 4 months! And thank you! I was thinking I shouldn't follow up again at this point. Office manager once and recruiter twice seemed like enough. It sucks that the holidays complicate everything since I interviewed/shadowed just before Thanksgiving. Thanks again! :) 

Archived