Transfer to direct entry PA Program

Hello,

I am currently a Junior at a college where I am earning my Health Sciences (Pre-PA) degree. I am just worried that after I receive the degree I won’t get accepted into a PA program. So, I’m thinking of Plan B’s in case I don’t get accepted. I was thinking of transferring to a university with a direct entry program? Will universities allow this? What ideas do you have to facilitate the process of getting accepted into the PA school?

Here is something you really need to understand, MOST of us did not get into PA school right away or in the first cycle. It took me 3 years to get in. A gap year to get PCE and figure out yourself and your passion for medicine is not a bad thing. Stop panicking about not getting in ASAP. A lot of people I know specifically took a year off between PA or medical school to gain experience. Just breathe. It is not the end of the world if you don't get in on the first try.

Archived