Sending schools a follow-up email? Yay or Nay?

OK, so there are a handful of schools that were at the top of my list that I still haven't heard from. I applied everywhere by mid-June...

At this point I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to send an email to these schools, emphasizing my continued interest.

I thought this was a bad idea with how busy schoola already are. My sister (current resident) says otherwise, but I've been trying to tell her that med school admissions may not be the same as PA school. Add to the fact that there are way less seats.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

OK, so there are a handful of schools that were at the top of my list that I still haven't heard from. I applied everywhere by mid-June...
At this point I'm wondering if it would be a bad idea to send an email to these schools, emphasizing my continued interest.
I thought this was a bad idea with how busy schoola already are. My sister (current resident) says otherwise, but I've been trying to tell her that med school admissions may not be the same as PA school. Add to the fact that there are way less seats.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated 

If there is no guidance on their website and you haven't heard in several months, I see nothing wrong with contacting them to follow up. I would probably call if it was me.

"Hello, this is so and so. I applied for your next class and just wanted to follow up." You can make sure they got all your LORs etc and also ask when they hope to get back to the applicants

This should not reflect poorly on you -- if you don't do it over and over. You're an adult and you're just making sure everything is ok and asking politely what their decision cycle is.

Good luck!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think it would help you, but I also don't think it would hurt you (assuming you pursue it professionally). I'd be surprised if you got something back more than the canned "we are reviewing each application as fast as possible and appreciate your patience" answer though. June to October is not that long of a wait. If I were you I'd just be patient. The schools assume you're still interested

Archived