$70 video laryngoscope

work somewhere without a glidescope? consider this handy item that attaches to your smart phone:

http://www.vividtrac.com/vt_adult

doc in my ATLS  course works locums rural. carries one everywhere. in theory this is a disposable item, but can be cleaned or autoclaved for multiple uses. I don't have an affiliation with this company, just think it is cool.

I think this is really cool. I was talking with an US tech at one of my rotations and asked him how cool it would be to be able to perform an US from a smartphone. He told me the expensive part of the US is the probe. Expensive now, but in 5-10 years?

Amazing times we live in, though.

I have used the VividTrac in training and teaching scenarios but no live tissue use. In general I was impressed. I know of a few EMS agencies that used these in the field as an affordable option to put VL on their units. Never heard any real complaints.

I would also like to hear some actual patient use feedback.

From a teaching aspect, I loved being able to use the VividTrac connected to my computer connected to the projector to show the whole class proper laryngoscopy technique and landmarks. Great teaching tool.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Archived