GRE/GPA stats and requirements?

Hi guys! I had a couple of questions regarding Rush University's PA program stats. I will be applying to the program this year and was wondering what the current students in the university's PA program stats were upon admission. Like what were the GRE scores? GPA cumulative/GPA science? Any clinical experience? Thanks. :smile:

• 6 months later...

I was rejected with a 3.7 GPA from a top University and GRE scores in the 80th percentile. My patient care experience was about 2,000 hours, in an senior living facility/working with disabled students/interviewing diabetic patients. I had shadowing experience and plenty of community service. They said that they rejected me because I did not work directly with an MD/PA (obtaining this type of position may require additional months or up to a year of training to become an MA or something along those lines). I was offered interviews at other schools though...so make SURE you get experience working with an MD/PA if you want to be considered for Rush. I'm not sure if other applicants were rejected for similar reasons though, so I would ask around some more.

I was rejected with a 3.7 GPA from a top University and GRE scores in the 80th percentile. My patient care experience was about 2,000 hours, in an senior living facility/working with disabled students/interviewing diabetic patients. I had shadowing experience and plenty of community service. They said that they rejected me because I did not work directly with an MD/PA (obtaining this type of position may require additional months or up to a year of training to become an MA or something along those lines). I was offered interviews at other schools though...so make SURE you get experience working with an MD/PA if you want to be considered for Rush. I'm not sure if other applicants were rejected for similar reasons though, so I would ask around some more.

I got outright rejected, too. It happened within 2 weeks of my submission. I was surprised at how quick they rejected applicants. I sent them an e-mail kindly requesting why I was rejected, and have not received a reply yet. I found out that I was rejected by e-mail.

All in all I'm a bit disappointed at how they treat the applicants that didn't make the cut.

I got outright rejected, too. It happened within 2 weeks of my submission. I was surprised at how quick they rejected applicants. I sent them an e-mail kindly requesting why I was rejected, and have not received a reply yet. I found out that I was rejected by e-mail.

All in all I'm a bit disappointed at how they treat the applicants that didn't make the cut.

I think it is fair. Certainly much better then the school waiting until has finally filled up the class (which can take months) and only THEN sending out the chain rejection letter to all other unfortunate and hopeful souls.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I appreciated the fact that they were quite fast at making their decisions, but I was surprised that it took them only less than 24 hours after I accidentally submitted my supplemental application (for some reason, they only want you to do a supplemental AFTER you are offered an interview, but CASPA has a link that leads directly to their supplemental application so I went ahead and completed it before knowing this)

• 1 month later...

My CASPA application was just sent out to school (including Rush) on November 1st. And just like somebody mentioned above I was able to complete the supplemental back in June with no problems, and my payment was accepted. Later, though, I found out that Rush only wants your supplemental by invitation. So, I guess will have to wait and see what happens.

• 2 months later...

I also got rejected.. GPA 3.7 in Science, Overall 3.9, GRE 312, 2500 hours of clinical experience in the Radiology Department in a hospital working hand-in-hand with the radiologist, certified and licensed X-ray and MRI Technologist. Thought I would at least be considered for an interview. Got rejected 2 weeks after my app was submitted by CASPA.

Archived