Cycle Apr '12 - Mar '13 Thread

Excited and scared...trying to get my PS perfect before April and getting as much HCE as possible before then. Would really like to reduce the number of schools I'm interested in from 18 before then, too...I'm from Michigan but applying to schools all over the place (save the south east for some reason...no schools really caught my eye there....).

• 3 weeks later...

me too this is my first time I'm so excited hopefully it will be my last in Jesus Name. Apply to mercer, medical college of Georgia, maybe Emory not sure yet to expensive. Good Luck to everyone !!!!!!!!!!!! We are bless and highly favored so we will get in to our first choice of school.

Holy cow, is it almost time for CASPA to open again?! This past year flew by so quickly!

Anyhow, for the applicants applying, I wish you the very best of luck. I can't recommend enough having all of your ducks in a row so that you can have your app submitted as soon as possible. The early submission really does make a big difference. (Example: I'd already been accepted to two schools before some people had even submitted their app. Crazy, no?)

Holy cow, is it almost time for CASPA to open again?! This past year flew by so quickly!

Anyhow, for the applicants applying, I wish you the very best of luck. I can't recommend enough having all of your ducks in a row so that you can have your app submitted as soon as possible. The early submission really does make a big difference. (Example: I'd already been accepted to two schools before some people had even submitted their app. Crazy, no?)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Very Excited! I have had everything ready now since march and now I am just waiting for April 18th to get here so I can fill out the application and get started. I live in Alabama and will be applying to UAB (my undergrad), Duke, Emory, and maybe South Alabama. Not sure yet on South A bc my hometown is Mobile, Al and I don't particularly like Mobile, too boring for me;). This is my first time applying and I am believing that it will be my last:). I pray everyone does exceptionally well and that you get accepted to the schools that's the best fit for you!

I'm applying for the first time this cycle to schools in Oregon, Washington, California, Arizona, Utah, Idaho and New Mexico. I may apply to a few on the east coast as well, but I am concerned about airfare. Is everyone applying right away? I received a C in a physics course last term and wanted to send in my CASPA app after spring term is complete so that isn't the last thing they see, as my GPA isn't one of the higher ones. This worries me a little because of the earlier deadlines and the rolling admissions. I hope everything gets through and sent on time.

Good luck everyone and congratulations for getting to this point!

I'm excited and nervous because I don't know how marketable I am

Things I think I have going for me:

age, I'm 32

strong employment record

A.S. in Supervisory Management 3.69 GPA

B.S. in progress with medium high cumulative GPA 3.76 and science GPA 3.67

slightly above average GRE 1130 (except for my analytical writing, the reviewers hated my essays! 3.5)

700 hours paid research experience

co author of 2 pubs in journal of chemical crystallography

CNA license and current employment

letter of rec should be solid

Things I don't have going for me:

I only have 300 hours of HCE

prereqs left to do (microbiology, biochemistry, pathophysiology)

I won't be finishing my B.S. until May 2013.

I just can't gauge where I stand and how many schools I should apply to considering the sheer volume of qualified candidates out there.

I've got about 20 schools on my list right now with high PANCE scores and low attrition rates.

Archived