Why is applying to PA programs so expensive? Any Waivers?

Hello I'm just wondering why applying to PA school is so expensive? I'm applying to 5 schools and CASPA charges ~$400 + $125 for my GRE scores  and if you add about $225 for graduate application fees, that's roughly $750! I was discussing this with my friend who got into Med school and they were allowed a waiver to apply to more than 10 schools! Does anybody know if there is some sort of waiver for us aspiring PA's?

Thanks! Apparently it's too late, and only good for one school! :/ 

Yeah it is unfortunately not as impressive as 10 schools. I chose not to even mess with it in the years I was applying since it would have slowed down my application waiting to hear back about the waiver.

I basically just accepted these kinds of costs going into the application process as well as costs of interviewing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 8:28 AM, Jdabrowski said:

To get the waiver though you have to be making VERY little, essentially it seems like you need to be a senior in college to qualify.

Or work as Nurse Tech and not get paid that well. :D I did it for this year and only took 2 days.

Archived