Chances?

Hi y'all. I'm new to this forum and am excited to apply this cycle to PA school!

Please chance me!

Degree: Biology, B.S.

Cum. non-science GPA: 3.89

Cum. Science GPA: 3.92

GRE: 147 V/152 Q/ 5.0 W 

HCE: 200 hours as scribe (quit that job), 500 hours as PCA for home health aide (currently working 20hr/week).

Volunteer: Tutor weekly, 100 hours at a free clinic for underserved.

Leaderships: TA for chemistry at my university.

LORS: good; one from professor whom I TA for, a PA, and a pharmacist whom I volunteer with in the clinic. 

CASPA submitted 5/25, verified 5/26. 

I'm applying to all of the Texas schools, except for Baylor. Please let me know what y'all think-- especially if you have interviewed or gotten accepted to Texas yourself. =) Thank you! Much appreciated. 

Your GPA is very good, but your PCE and your GRE are both low. Some schools put an emphasis on grades only and some prefer a more well rounded candidate. I know you said you don't want to re-take the GRE but that might help your chances. UTMB accepted students average a 311 on the GRE, UNT mentions that the GRE is considered etc. You'll probably get interviews due to your GPA but if I were you I'd retake the GRE and continue to try and get as many PCE hours as possible. 

Archived