Part-time PAs

Hello,

I've been working as a part-time PA ever since I graduated (2 years) and was wondering what kind of benefits are normal and should I expect. What do you get for PTO, CME, health insurance, maternity leave, etc.

I get none of the above, so wondering if I can do better and try to bargain for more, or is this pretty much what I should expect everywhere.

I have been part time for the last 13 years, 24 hours a week.  I have had CME, around 1000 per year, all licenses paid, malpractice and PTO covered.  PTO is based on hours worked, so I do not have as much as I would for 40 hours, but have always had plenty to take four full weeks off a year, I am off four days a week anyway.  I am part time but I have my own patient panel and usually see 75 patients a week so it is not like a typical per diem type position where I am just working as needed.  I am actually transitioning to that and am asking for a higher per hour rate and no benefits at all.

I think most positions will pay for health insurance at 32 hours, I believe our employer covers health insurance/disability at 24 hours. All of our part time employees have PTO except for PRN positions.

If you are being paid a typical hourly wage that is more consistent with average salary with benefits I would ask for them.  To me that would be any less than 75 an hour, I would expect benefits, even if they are reduced for being part time.  

Archived