good magazines for Psych CMEs?

I am looking for a magazine to subscribe to that will provide at least 3-5cmes/ magazine in psych. I find that having a magazine arrive in my mailbox gives me a good target. I keep up with medicine with American Family Practice, but my goal is to take the psych CAQ and would like a readable CME resource.... Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I am looking for a magazine to subscribe to that will provide at least 3-5cmes/ magazine in psych. I find that having a magazine arrive in my mailbox gives me a good target. I keep up with medicine with American Family Practice, but my goal is to take the psych CAQ and would like a readable CME resource.... Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Try AACP (American Academy of Clinical Psychiatry): http://www.aacp.com/

"The Annals of Clinical Psychiatry"... this is the official journal of the American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists.

"Current Psychiatry" ... www.CurrentPsychiatry.com

I usually attend 1-2 events they put on (in conjunction with Duke University) in Chicago every yr and get regular emails from them with CME... www.currentpsychiatry.com/aacp

I also get Behavioral Medicine/Psychiatry/Psychology specific Audio CME CDs from PESI.

Since I drive 1hr each way for one of my jobs (Involuntary, Inpatient Psych)... I usually listen to these on the way there.

www.pesi.com

Try AACP (American Academy of Clinical Psychiatry): http://www.aacp.com/

"The Annals of Clinical Psychiatry"... this is the official journal of the American Academy of Clinical Psychiatrists.

"Current Psychiatry" ... www.CurrentPsychiatry.com

I usually attend 1-2 events they put on (in conjunction with Duke University) in Chicago every yr and get regular emails from them with CME... www.currentpsychiatry.com/aacp

I also get Behavioral Medicine/Psychiatry/Psychology specific Audio CME CDs from PESI.

Since I drive 1hr each way for one of my jobs (Involuntary, Inpatient Psych)... I usually listen to these on the way there.

www.pesi.com

The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry offers CME articles in each issue (monthly) as well as other on-line CME activities. You can subscribe for print (which comes with on-line access) or just on-line only. You can contact their circulation department at 901-273-2705 and speak with Sharon Landers, Director of Circulation. The Journal is peer-reviewed and rated top in its field! You can also register at their website and sign up to receive emails when new activities are available.

Archived