Class of 2014 (interview or acceptance)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I know it is quite hellish when you have to wait for a response and not know if it is gonna be an acceptance or a rejection. But try not to stress too much. Maybe the acceptances are being delivered by snail mail, and are on their way to your mailboxes. You can also try calling Natasha? IDK, maybe she can give a definitive answer (if she is allowed to over the phone). If that fails call admissions. Thet may be swamped with sending out letters for most of the programs, but I am sure someone in there can spend a few secs to aswer a question or two.

Try not to get too stressed. If it is any consolation I received my acceptance letter around this time - after interviewing at the end of February. So there's still time. Best of luck !!

Alright everyone, I got an update! I interviewed Jan 25 and got an overnight UPS document envelope last Wednesday with an acceptance package! Took 11 weeks, but it came. I will probably be declining and passing the spot on as I got in to two othe programs that are masters, one of which is much closer to home.

Good luck to all of you and enjoy my spot!!

• 2 weeks later...

Junkie, why don't you call them? They told me straight out that if I don't hear back after the six to eight weeks I should call. My acceptance packet was sent by UPS overnight who just threw it on the floor in front of my house in a pile of garbage. I mistook it garbage that blew in the wind and picked it up to throw out!!

Call them to make sure, it can't hurt. If you were declined, at least you will know not to keep waiting.

Good luck!!!

Junkie, why don't you call them? They told me straight out that if I don't hear back after the six to eight weeks I should call. My acceptance packet was sent by UPS overnight who just threw it on the floor in front of my house in a pile of garbage. I mistook it garbage that blew in the wind and picked it up to throw out!!

Call them to make sure, it can't hurt. If you were declined, at least you will know not to keep waiting.

Good luck!!!

Hey!! I thought about calling them but its only been either week 4 or 5 (depending on if they work during spring break!)...I figured Id give them the full 6 weeks and then call. I have friends that applied for the Medical Program and they told me when they say 4-6 weeks, its literally 4-6 weeks! Also, I found out that you don't need to sign for the UPS package...I think that is so not right!! Because then it becomes a mystery as to whether we got it or not lol

hey i got my interview in April.Keep your hopes up, its only 35 spots and almost 1 thousand ppl applied, it must be real hard for them to pick, give them a little break, plus some ppl withdraw their acceptance or go to other schools they got accepted to, thus they can replace spots. Just because you didn;t get it yet, doesn't mean your not accepted.Acceptance can go all the way up to end of may. Stay positive and focus.

GOD SPEED EVERYONE

hey i got my interview in April.Keep your hopes up, its only 35 spots and almost 1 thousand ppl applied, it must be real hard for them to pick, give them a little break, plus some ppl withdraw their acceptance or go to other schools they got accepted to, thus they can replace spots. Just because you didn;t get it yet, doesn't mean your not accepted.Acceptance can go all the way up to end of may. Stay positive and focus.

GOD SPEED EVERYONE

Join the FB group. Congrats!

I interviewed early January and have heard nothing!....I literally called like 3 times already, including today. When I spoke to the PA Program office assistant today, she told me the whole committee and decision process has been delayed/slower this year due to a reduced amount of faculty members. I also asked if there were still available seats at this point, and she told me they just wrapped up their interviews and there were still a couple of seats left, and that they are currently reviewing which candidates to take to fill those spots. She didn't really give me a time table when I would hear back, but May is literally next week so I'm assuming it has to be pretty soon. But who knows? This has been really frustrating! Good luck to everyone who's still waiting! :sadface:

Well they can't take too much longer. The orientation date is June 4th and the first day is June 5th. That's only 6 weeks from today and it takes some time to fulfill the requirements (health clearance and background check) so they have to decide soon.

Yeah you are right!...I would assume we should find out by the end of this month...either this week or next week! ahhhh!!

• 2 weeks later...

Awww congrats on getting in elsewhere!! I am still waiting around to get in somewhere...sux!! if not gotta try again next cycle!!

Well got a letter on Monday..didn't get in :( Oh well at least I got into somewhere else. Good luck to everybody else still waiting!

Just got my denial letter yesterday after applying for the 2nd time and waiting 5 months post-interview to hear back...I am disgusted with downstate..they told me my application was perfect and I should be getting into the school this time around and that with my extra healthcare hours I am basically in...they are liars and such a terribly run school. congrats to everyone who got it! I'm glad I got into a few other places! goodluck to all in your future PA endeavors and maybe we will be meeting up in NYC hospitals

Wow thats so messed up that they told you that... Sigh... Im sooooo glad you got in elsewhere!!! :) youll be a great PA.. I

Wish you luck and keep in touch :)

[bQUOTE=EMSjunkie;340912]Just got my denial letter yesterday after applying for the 2nd time and waiting 5 months post-interview to hear back...I am disgusted with downstate..they told me my application was perfect and I should be getting into the school this time around and that with my extra healthcare hours I am basically in...they are liars and such a terribly run school. congrats to everyone who got it! I'm glad I got into a few other places! goodluck to all in your future PA endeavors and maybe we will be meeting up in NYC hospitals

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the alternate list last year and did not get in. Not saying you won't either, but don't have too high of expectations (like I did) because they accept around the same number of alternates as they do for their incoming class. I had so much hope when I was an alternate but to no avail. Even me re-applying this year, after being on the alternate list last year, didn't help me get in. (Didn't even make it to the alternate list this year). As you can tell, I'm still full of resentment. Good luck and I hope you get in though!

• 9 months later...

Archived