Any options for a 1 day/week job?

I work in the ER and I typically have 3-4 random days a week scheduled. I've been looking for a setting that will allow me to come in once a week on a day I'm off but I haven't found anything. We're scheduled 2 months in advance but the fact that my days are random is a turn off for every place I have spoken with. It seems that home health may be my only option if I can even find one that fits. 

Any ideas?

Definitely a niche, but I found a position doing PEG and G-tube care at post-acutes and SNFs with a few group homes in the mix. I'm a 1099, paid per patient and give them my availability 1 month in advance. I came upon this position randomly and am not sure if this is a common thing for gastroenterologists to do on the side.

I would think per diem EM at a second hospital would be a good option too since you're already doing EM.

I used to do rounds for a PCP in town who was the medical director for a short term rehab/nursing home. I set my own hours and we rotated who rounded on who. He had to see the new admits then I would. Paid per hour. Problem was I wasn't very disciplined to go there when I should so would let it hang over my head until last minute. There are positions out there. Maybe check with your local short term rehabs to see who rounds there. They might be interested in some help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived