How do I go about updating the programs I applied to?

How would I tell the programs I applied to that I got a B- in upper level Biochem, having no prior chemistry experience, because I completed the course online in 6 weeks in order to meet there deadline. It is generally a regular 16 week course. The same goes for upper level Physiology. I got a B in this class and completed the course in 10 weeks rather than 16 weeks. Would a simple email suffice? How can I go about doing this? I have A's in all my other prereq's and I am worried that these 2 grades are hurting my chances at an interview.

In my opinion, an explanation of two Bs isn't necessary, regardless of the reason. Every student has their difficulties and the adcoms don't really need to a list of excuses from each one on why they didn't get a 4.0. An update would be more like, "Since my application, I've worked an additional 300 hrs in XYZ."

I find it a bit hard to believe that that would be what's holding you back from an interview invite. If the grade cut-off is 3.0, then many students have had at least a B- or two. Have you received any invites? Have you gone to a few and you still think it's the B-? Look at the accepted stats thread and see how the rest of your app compares. Or try calling the program and seeing what they have to say about your app.

When I applied my schools wanted an email update as soon as I finished the class, and then they wanted my transcript ASAP. I learned this by communicating with the admissions offices.

Don't bother with excuses. Too many other students have taken online classes. They don't care, so don't make a big deal out of it. l.a.lewis has the right of it - if you really have all As in your other classes, these two Bs are not your problem. If you're invited to interview you can explain it away then, if they ask.

Archived