Bio-identical HRT

The bottom line is that bioidentical hormones are no safer than synthetic.

Women should be on HRT for the shortest amount of time possible - 2 years is the target with a 5 year max. is the standard in my community.

There are no studies showing benefit from longer use.

One of these clinics is owned by a pharmacist in my community and she tries to convince everyone that bioidenticals are ultimately safer and better because they are natural - so is marijuana..... She pushes me to Rx them since she is a pharmacist. She pushes for $1000s of dollars in labs and tells women who smoke they are candidates and ignores hx of breast cancer, HTN, heart risks etc.

This pharmacy has a Business Manager and Marketing Guy who comes to offices pushing their services. That is a gigantic blinking red flag right there - a marketing manager.

Another clinic in town run by a physician was put out of business by the state insurance board and her license was dinged for unsafe practices and fraudulent billing.

So, I have seen nothing good come out of this type of "business" which isn't medicine at its heart.

RUN

Archived