Littmann Lightweight II SE vs Littmann Cardiology III vs Littmann Classic III

Which stethoscope should I get? I'm leaning towards the $40 as oppose to the $150 one. The faculty are recommending cardiology III but I feel like that's excessive and that the cheaper alternatives would get the job done just as well. What do you think? 

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=litmann%27s+stethoscope&sprefix=litman%2Caps%2C235

Get a good enough stethoscope to hear faint heart and lung sounds. Anything less will put you at a disadvantage during your clinicals. 

If you want to save money, do it with the otoscope and opthlamoscope. Pretty much every place you will go will have a better one hanging on the wall.

• 3 weeks later...

Get a cardiology grade scope if you can humanly afford it. As noted above, you will still be using it in 40 years as long as you put some "Armor All" on it every once in a while and don't get it stolen. If you go into any kind of specialty where you need a good scope, you will be buying another one. Buy once, cry once.

Archived