University of Mount Union 2017-2019

The interview style can always change from year to year at any school, so what I tell you may not be true for this year. I would expect a few individual interviews with faculty/staff/current PA's that graduated from the program, as well as a tour of the main PA building to conclude the interview day. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I live in Florida (originally from Ohio but moved when I was 12), what do you think my chances are of getting in or even getting an interview? I known Mount gives preference to Mount alumni. I know several people that did their undergrad and graduate schooling through Mount and I've heard nothing but great things about the school and program so I'm really hoping to have the opportunity to interview!

Hi! I live in Florida (originally from Ohio but moved when I was 12), what do you think my chances are of getting in or even getting an interview? I known Mount gives preference to Mount alumni. I know several people that did their undergrad and graduate schooling through Mount and I've heard nothing but great things about the school and program so I'm really hoping to have the opportunity to interview!

We only have 3 Mount alumni in my class right now and I'm pretty sure that there were quite a few who applied last year. Mount takes their application/interview process very seriously, so they may offer interviews to Mount graduates but that doesn't necessarily mean you are a shoe-in for the program. I wish you the best of luck! 

Thank you so much! Mount Union is my top choice so I'm very happy to be even be considered for an interview. Do you have any other advice on the interview? What do you really like about the program?

Mount Union was my top choice as well. But don't let that get in your head during your interview. I remember being even more nervous for their interview even after interviewing at other schools the month before because I felt I had more pressure to do well because I wanted to go there so bad. Seriously, be yourself I can't emphasize that enough. Be honest and genuine. Show them why YOU are a good fit for the program and tell them why they are your first choice! That's really all you can do. Your application got you this far, now show them why YOU are a good candidate and ALWAYS BE POSITIVE. Don't say anything negative about other programs or your undergraduate school just stay positive.

There are so many things I love about this program. The first is it is VERY professional and we are held to a very high standard in everything we do. We always dress professional for class and anything we do outside of the community. The professors are approachable and always willing to help. We have a fairly small class size (36 in the year ahead of us and 40 in our class), which I like because there is more one on one time available in labs, etc., if you need it. I also am thrilled for the success of this program so far, they have many recent graduates who have just landed outstanding jobs this year and their clinical rotation capacity keeps growing! Trust me, it's a wonderful university to choose to go to PA school! 

I could go on and on :) I also just love Mount Union in general, specifically the campus and town (it's small and easy to get around and I like that). 

Mount Union was my top choice as well. But don't let that get in your head during your interview. I remember being even more nervous for their interview even after interviewing at other schools the month before because I felt I had more pressure to do well because I wanted to go there so bad. Seriously, be yourself I can't emphasize that enough. Be honest and genuine. Show them why YOU are a good fit for the program and tell them why they are your first choice! That's really all you can do. Your application got you this far, now show them why YOU are a good candidate and ALWAYS BE POSITIVE. Don't say anything negative about other programs or your undergraduate school just stay positive.

There are so many things I love about this program. The first is it is VERY professional and we are held to a very high standard in everything we do. We always dress professional for class and anything we do outside of the community. The professors are approachable and always willing to help. We have a fairly small class size (36 in the year ahead of us and 40 in our class), which I like because there is more one on one time available in labs, etc., if you need it. I also am thrilled for the success of this program so far, they have many recent graduates who have just landed outstanding jobs this year and their clinical rotation capacity keeps growing! Trust me, it's a wonderful university to choose to go to PA school!

I could go on and on :) I also just love Mount Union in general, specifically the campus and town (it's small and easy to get around and I like that).

Did anyone get a confirmation from Mount Union that their application had been received? I was verified mid June and haven't heard a word.

MSP I didn't get a confirmation email either saying that they had received my application, and I was verified mid May. I also haven't received an interview invite either, so I don't know if that means anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a call also from the Mount Program! If anyone is looking for a roommate, let me know! I'm looking into apartments just off campus. 

Just so you know, there is now graduate housing at Mount Union that is a bit cheaper than off-campus! Definitely not something you have to do but I just wanted to let people know that it is an option at Mount Union now! Most people live at Potter's Creek or Liberty Heights, but there is also Carriage Hill apartments too!

Archived