Letter of recomendation resume requested

Last year I asked the director of our department to provide a letter of recommendation, considering he is the one who encouraged me to go for PA school. I did not get accepted last year, so I am applying again. This doctor has since left our facility and I have not been able to reach him, however I have had some wonderful contact with our new director. It may not be a mentorship relationship like before, but he does know my thirst for knowledge as I constantly make appointments to pick his brain about whatever physiological questions I may have. He has even invited me to sit in on his lectures that he teaches specific to our department at the medical college.

This seemed like a decent person to approach for a letter of recomendation/evaluation and although he is willing, he has asked for a resume as well as a list of which one of those lectures I attended (all but one when my son was very ill). Lectures should be no problem, resume, he wants just healtcare related information on that resume. My job history is only 6 years in healthcare (volunteer much longer) so I'm not sure how to go about that considering I worked in food service before and volunteered in various health related venues before that.

How should I go about this to provide him with the information he is seeking (even if it does seem like an odd request considering how many conversations we have had)?

Thanks in advance,

Back to draft number 6 on my personal statement now. :)

It's probably so he can reference specifics, which is great. For example, he may very well know you attended 9/10 lectures and worked at job X, but with a resume he can confidently say that you "attended the majority of my lectures, including [lecture title A]. She also has excelled in her position at [employer name] since [year x]." With that in mind, tailor your resume to give him information he needs to make you look best.

Not odd in general.  Just odd for how much we have spoken and worked together this past year.

Again, not odd.  I worked with my references extensively and every single one requested a resume just to have the facts in front of them when writing.  As much as you may think you have gotten to know each other, this person could have several people asking for references at the same time.  Always good to keep your people straight when providing references.

I get that. It's just a first. Most just asked for a brief run down if my job responsibilities here. Not an official resume.

I hyperventilated on format a bit, then just sat down and did it. He should have it already if he checks his email daily. :)

Archived