LSU Shreveport 2016-2017 cycle

Does anyone know if you can change interview dates if you're having schedule conflicts with other school interviews? l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, I would not let them know that you have a conflict with another school interview. They want to know that they are your top pick. Now, if they emailed you an interview date and you didn't accept it then it may be ok to let them know you have a conflict.  Second, the administration can be difficult and could potentially think that you aren't serious about them if you can't make time for their interview. Admissions is a tricky thing and you really have to show them that you are committed to them and want to go to their school. if they aren't high on your list though, then its not that big of a deal.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, I would not let them know that you have a conflict with another school interview. They want to know that they are your top pick. Now, if they emailed you an interview date and you didn't accept it then it may be ok to let them know you have a conflict.  Second, the administration can be difficult and could potentially think that you aren't serious about them if you can't make time for their interview. Admissions is a tricky thing and you really have to show them that you are committed to them and want to go to their school. if they aren't high on your list though, then its not that big of a deal.

Do they ask you during the interview if you are interviewing at other places?  This is my top pick school--wondering if I should convey that...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if interview invite emails are still being sent out?[emoji51] I submitted my application at the end of Sept, so quite late in the process but I have only received and email stating we have received your application...any advice/ info appreciated:)

I have heard that it's somewhat rolling admissions so perhaps they haven't gotten to your application yet?  I am in the same boat at other schools--haven't heard a word from them and I know they are interviewing.

I have heard that it's somewhat rolling admissions so perhaps they haven't gotten to your application yet? I am in the same boat at other schools--haven't heard a word from them and I know they are interviewing.

Thank you for the advice! That's what I'm hoping as well.. Good luck and hope we hear something soon:)

Do they ask you during the interview if you are interviewing at other places? This is my top pick school--wondering if I should convey that...

I don't recall them asking specifically if I had any other interviews. However, I would try to convey that you are super interested in their program. They want people that want to be there. Not people that will settle for them if need be.

Has anyone heard of any acceptances yet? In prior years, it seems they had accepted some students by this time. I haven't heard of anyone being accepted yet. Good luck to everyone--

I've been wondering the same thing, but I haven't heard of any yet either.

I was waitlisted last year

Can you share how you improved your resume in the past year?  How many HCE did you have and did you retake the GRE or any classes?  Did you re-do your personal statement?  Would love to know the stats of an admitted student.  Thanks and again, congratulations on being what seems like the first admitted!

Archived