Reporting Institutions

Does anyone know if you have to report a summer course taken at different institution from your main one, in which you received an F or an incomplete for the course? I know on the CASPA website it says you have to report all courses/ institutions you received credit for but wasn't sure if an F or an incomplete counts as credit. 

Yes, you have to report it. From the CASPA website..

REPORT ALL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED. You are required to report all institutions attended, including but not limited to: courses taken in high school, summer courses, community college courses, military academies, post-baccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral work, study abroad, foreign work, etc.  Failure to report an institution runs the risk of your application being undelivered back to you by our verification staff who will require you to report and provide a transcript for the missing program. This can significantly delay the processing of your application.

WARNING! Purposefully omitting an institution is a violation of the Professional Code of Conduct and may subject you to sanctions by PAEA.

I agree it says you must report credits earned. But one could say you earned 0 credits for a course in which you received an F.

From the CASPA Professional Code of Conduct page:

Each applicant is obligated to accurately represent themselves during the admissions process and to provide CASPA and the physician assistant programs with accurate, honest, and complete information.

Accurately represent themselves with complete information. Omitting a course at another institution that you failed, in my opinion, would be misrepresenting yourself as a student and also be providing your academic career in an incomplete manner.

I had two F's on my transcripts. It didn't prevent me from being admitted to a program. I absolutely would not leave it out, but that's just me. Just own your F and be ready to explain it if you get an interview.

Okay thanks, I'm just going to check with CASPA anyway, seeing as the institution I graduated from didn't put the F from the summer course I took at another school on my official transcripts. And I ended up repeating that same course at my own institution a few times and eventually passed so I'm definitely not trying to hide anything or misrepresent myself. Trust me I included the other F and withdrawal from this course when I had to repeat it at my school. 

Archived