HUGE mistake on CASPA hours

I did read the page that you are supposed to read before submitting your application, but I guess I just totally missed this part/forgot. When I added in my patient contact hours, I put all my paid positions as employment and my non-paid positions as volunteer, INSTEAD of putting them all as "Patient care experience." now it will read as if I had multiple jobs and close to no patient contact experience, when I have almost 2,000 hours. If  my application has not yet been verified, could CASPA cancel it? Or should I re-add the same experiences, listing them as patient care experience instead?

I know that I should have remembered this rule about adding them, but I think I was thrown off by the part in the directions that says, "List employment, internships and volunteer experiences." I am freaking out now that all of the programs I applied to will think I have basically no hours. PLEASE HELP! greatly appreciated 

I would call them first thing tomorrow morning and explain. Chances are you can get it rectified fairly easy. The CASPA peeps are surprisingly relaxed/easy going in my experience.

On a side note I wonder what the CASPA office is like. I can remember calling them with what I thought was a fairly complex issue (I took a class during college for both a national certification for my EMT and college credit which I took during my sophomore year but didn't get credit for until Junior year and wasn't sure what semester to put it under) and the guy at CASPA was so relaxed and said "Let's just put it here. Shouldn't be a problem". It wasn't!

Another option is to contact the programs you are applying to. If for some reason CASPA isn't able to change anything, I would just send a quick email to the programs notifying them of the error... Everyone makes mistakes and it shouldn't be a big deal.

• 1 month later...

I just realized I made the EXACT same mistake. I have over 2000 hours of paid direct patient contact experience and listed it all under "employment". It's e-submitted but not verified yet. I already sent an email via customer support, going to call tomorrow. Did you get this resolved? If so, how?

Archived