Submitting Transcripts After Verified

Hey, all. Hoping for a little help on this. I did call CASPA and ask but the girl I talked to acted really confused so I just want to make sure I have the correct information.

So I submitted my CASPA with my biochem course in progress. I had already taken o chem from this school so I submitted my transcript to CASPA with my o Chem grade and my biochem listed. My app has since verified and now I'm going to have my biochem grade in the next week or two. Do I need to send my updated transcript with the biochem grade out directly to every school I have already and still intend to apply to? Or can I send it to CASPA and they will update my application for schools I haven't yet submitted to? I'm assuming I need to send the transcript to schools that I've already submitted to since they already have my CASPA.

Also, just to clarify, I do need to send this transcript to every school that I've submitted to regardless of whether they require biochem, correct?

Thanks in advance, folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACADEMIC UPDATE (COURSEWORK)

You CAN make updates to your coursework section for newly completed or planned courses using a system called Academic Update. Using this system requires the following:

Application Must Be Verified

You cannot make any updates to your coursework section until your application is in the “Verified” status.

Works on 2016 or 2017 terms ONLY

Academic Update is intended to allow you to change your previously planned/in-progress courses to completed and self-report your grades for this work. You may also add future planned courses. The system will NOT allow you to go back and edit previously verified terms or add in terms you forgot to report from past years (i.e. you never updated your fall 2012 work before you were verified).

No Time Frame or Update Limit

There is no time frame to use Academic Update. You can update your work from the day you are verified until the end of the application cycle. You can also submit Academic Updates multiple times during the course of the cycle. However, please note that when submitting an update, you must move the entire TERM from in-progress to complete. You cannot move only some of the courses within a term to completed and add the rest later.

CASPA Does Not Update Your GPA

Any grades you report as part of Academic Update will NOT be verified and your CASPA GPA will NOT be updated. Updating these courses is only so your PA programs will have these grades entered into the electronic system and can update your GPA locally at their institution.

DO NOT SEND UPDATED TRANSCRIPTS TO CASPA UNLESS REQUESTED BY YOUR PA PROGRAM

Once your application is verified the first time, CASPA will NOT re-verify your application, so CASPA does NOT require updated transcripts. Your PA programs, however, may or may not require them. Some programs will ask you to send these updated transcripts to CASPA, while others will want them sent directly the PA program. Please contact your programs directly to determine if they will want these transcripts and where they should be sent.

From: https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/processing-your-application/updating-the-applicationacademic-update/index.html

What did the CASPA rep say that was different than the above?

Oh wow thanks!!! Is this a new feature for this year? So then basically I just self report and then the programs I later submit to will ask if they want it?

She said my programs will ask if they want it. And it was more of a "weeeeeell, I think you should probably send to the schools..."

Lady, think is not good enough for me haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived