Applying to Pa-school prior to pre-reqs being fulfilled with a non science bach

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am a pre-pa, I have a bachelors in Liberal studies and a minor in communications. My cumulative gpa is 3.7 and my science gpa thus far is 3.1. I have strong LORs/and many yrs of hospital experience. I would like to know if applying to Pa school looks bad if 4 out of 5 pre-reqs are currently unfulfilled? I will technically have them all finished prior to the start date. I know getting accepted for an interview is a long shot but I am unfamiliar with caspa and would like to become familiar with the process. Does it look bad if I apply and didn't get in? Any advice for me in my current situation would be greatly appreciated.

• Administrator

Yes, you do not have a large chance of admission. I would recommend you save your money.

PA school is science-heavy, and so with a 3.1 sGPA (0.6 below your cGPA) and lots of science classes untried, I can't imagine any arbcom taking a chance on you, especially in the light of many candidates with both higher sGPAs AND fewer (or no) uncompleted prerequisites.

Having said that, trying and failing is not a huge black mark. Many of us, myself included, did not make it in our first cycle.

Archived