Early applications

So I'm finishing my degree this summer in July (BS Interdisciplinary Sciences, Pre-PA) and wanted to wait until after this first summer semester to apply for PA schools because I have 1 repeating course (organic chemistry) and a Nutrition course I expect an A in as a little GPA booster. I was wanting to wait until the semester is over to apply on June 16th but am worried the application will not get verified in time for the early interview application cutoff some schools have which I believe is July 1. Are there any problems with me applying right now to the schools that have early interview options and then applying for the rest following the semester ending June 16th?

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, mid June is not late at all. Is the July 1 date a cut off for applications at programs yoh are looking for, or just a date for early consideration?

Yes, the July 1 was just the cutoff for early consideration but the actual deadlines aren't until Sept/Oct.

Just apply now.  One A won't boost your GPA enough to matter and by the time CASPA verifies and schools looks at your app, you can update with the new ochem grade.

I more so wanted to show that the organic chemistry was going to be repelaced with a new grade (Which will be going from an F to a B, possibly A). If that's not significant enough, maybe I will just apply now.

Perfect, thanks for the help.

Two more questions related to transcripts and supplemental applications...are all supplemental applications due before you even hear if a school is interested in you? And when is the official transcript due to the schools? I will try to search through and see if I can find the answers but figured some of you already know.

Some schools require the supplemental of everyone, some send you access to the supplemental - so in that case if you don't get a link to the supplemental, they don't want you.  Otherwise, yes, you will likely have to take the time (and money) and submit the supplemental before you know anything.  Some schools don't consider your app complete (and therefore don't review it) until the supplemental is completed.

Official transcript is school dependent and varies wildly.

Some schools require the supplemental of everyone, some send you access to the supplemental - so in that case if you don't get a link to the supplemental, they don't want you.  Otherwise, yes, you will likely have to take the time (and money) and submit the supplemental before you know anything.  Some schools don't consider your app complete (and therefore don't review it) until the supplemental is completed.

Official transcript is school dependent and varies wildly.

Take my sanity but not my money!!!

Thanks for your help.

re: official transcripts.  Since you send an official transcript to CASPA, most schools don't require one sent to them ... until and unless they offer you admission, then they'll want it as part of your formal admission process.

Archived