Letter of recommendation addressed incorrectly

Hi all,

One of my supervisors wrote "It is my pleasure to recommend Jigglytofu for CASPA," instead of "for your program". (She sent it to me after uploading the recommendation). Since CASPA is only the application server, I was wondering if the programs would view it in a negative light. If it does, would you recommend getting another LoR from another supervisor?

Many thanks!

Jigglytofu??? What in the world? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Loving the name!!

But I agree with cop to pa on this one, don't stress too much over it. As long as the rest of the content is appropriate and positive it'll be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my LOR's had a few annoying (but relatively minor) grammatical errors. It was a bit annoying, because I tried really hard to present myself in as good a light as possible, and then something out my control seemed to mar my otherwise solid package. But, at the end of the day, I think if the errors aren't too egregious and the overall message is clear, then you should just use the LOR you have. It's awkward to ask for a re-write, and I don't think any reasonable person could fault you for minor errors on someone else's part.

To me, any reader will immediately understand that a recommendation "for CASPA" is a recomendation for their program, and will focus on what the letter-writer has to say afterwards. I guess some people say that LOR's should be sent to specific programs, but surely every ADCOM expects you to be applying to several (if not many) other programs?

One of my LORs said "physician's assistant" in their recommendation. I cringed when I first read it but I'm not sweating it one bit. I only know because they sent it to me after submitting :P

Don't worry. We're all human and despite popular beliefs, not everything has to be perfect.

Lighten up. One of my letters came from a non profit director who didn't have a great background in grammer but my lor had heart. It was by far the most meaningful letter I received and regardless of the outcome, knowing someone views me that way is a true honor.

Archived