Program received application but I'm not verified yet?!

I received an email with the supplemental application for a program that I applied to. However, CASPA hasn't verified me yet. There's one transcript that they need first. I'm a reapplicant, so I don't know if somehow there was a glitch because I was verified last year? Anyone else have this happen?

Does the program in question require it to be verified first?  

If you recall from the FAQs (which I am sure you've read!), programs can set their deadlines based on submission, completion, or verification:  

Individual deadlines are determined by the PA programs, NOT by CASPA. What each program requires by its posted deadline date varies widely and what is acceptable for one program may not be acceptable for another. Each PA program categorizes its deadline into one of the color categories below and reports their selection to CASPA. These colors are then displayed on the charts above. If you have any questions regarding what a school is looking for by its deadline, please contact the PA program directly.

BLUE DEADLINE: E-SUBMITTED APPLICATION REQUIRED  ORANGE DEADLINE: COMPLETE DATE REQUIRED GREEN DEADLINE: VERIFIED APPLICATION REQUIRED WHITE DEADLINE: PROGRAM HAS NOT REPORTED COLOR CODE TO CASPA  Applicants must e-submit their CASPA application by 11:59pm EST on the deadline date. Documents are not required to be received by the deadline date. Applicants must have a complete date on or before the deadline date. A complete date is given when an application is e-submitted and all transcripts, payments, and at least two letters of reference have been received by CASPA and attached to the application. Documents should be sent several weeks prior to this date to ensure items arrive on time. Applicants must have their application verified (GPA calculated) by the deadline date. Applications must be completed (e-submitted, payment received, transcripts received, and two letters received) at least four weeks in advance of the deadline to ensure the application is verified on time. This PA program has not reported its deadline date color code to CASPA at this time.

You might want to also check out the "How PA programs receive your app" section:

http://help.unicas.com:8888/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/processing-your-application/application-mailing/index.html

Copied from the top of that page:

UNDERSTAND: From the date your application is e-submitted and paid for, your PA programs can view your entire application in real time via their online admissions portal. CASPA does not mail or “release” your applications to PA programs.

As a result, you may receive communication from the programs you have selected even before your application is complete or verified. The point at which your programs choose to review your materials and how they determine your application is ready for review is completely at their discretion. Please note, however, that “Verified” is the final status for all CASPA applications.

Archived