How competitive am I?

Hi everybody,

I am currently taking my prereqs to apply for PA school. What I wanted to ask you guys is how competitive would I be for a typical PA program?

Some of my info:

I have taken biology, two semesters of A and P, statistics, intro to psych, and I am registered for chem, medical terminology, genetics, and developmental psych. In the Fall semester I will probably take Microbio and biochem. I am taking all of these at my local community college, and so far I have straight A's in all classes I have taken.

My bachelor's GPA is about 3.5, and I went to a program in France.

My GRE scores: 155 quant., 159 verbal, 5 on the analytical writing essays.

My HCE: 1000 hrs PT aide experience, and I will shadow some PAs this year.

Thanks everyone.

• Administrator

Too soon to tell.  You need to nail your outstanding prerequisites, but based on what you're listing as having accomplished so far, you should be set up to be a very competitive candidate next cycle.  This cycle, less so, based on all the important classes you will still have in progress.  Keep creeping that GPA up, keep accumulating HCE, and things should be well-positioned for next cycle.

Archived