GPA requirements

I am applying to Pacific for a 2013 start, my cumulative is around a 2.8 but the last 45 semester hours is a 3.6 and science gpa is a 3.7. Does anyone know if Pacific will look at my cumulative and take that into consideration or do they only consider the last 45 semester and science gpa? I do EKGs, stress testing and interpreting holter reports for the past 3 years, is there a way to know how competitive my application is right now? I know i can do more volunteer work but as far as Pacific university goes there isnt much I can retake to bring my gpa higher.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing. I would think they would count the last 45 credits and the science credits taken within that time. But, I could be wrong. It would be easier to just look at the CASPA Science GPA. I calculated my gpa today and I'm in, more or less, the same gpa situation as you. I have about a lot of college credits, and they'll be more as I complete my prerequisites.

I was wondering the same thing. I would think they would count the last 45 credits and the science credits taken within that time. But, I could be wrong. It would be easier to just look at the CASPA Science GPA. I calculated my gpa today and I'm in, more or less, the same gpa situation as you. I have about a lot of college credits, and they'll be more as I complete my prerequisites.

• Administrator

Pacific gets your CASPA stuff. They also require you to compute your own science prerequisite and last 45 GPA for your application. As such, there are a lot of folks in the program with less than stellar starts, but great recent performance. My overall undergraduate GPA is 3.3/3.7 science, but my last 45 were 3.93/3.97 or so. My science GPA when I started my prerequisites was 3.0--10 semester hours of B's--and I took enough science classes such that those B's fell off of most of the prerequisite/last 45 calculations.

• Administrator

Pacific gets your CASPA stuff. They also require you to compute your own science prerequisite and last 45 GPA for your application. As such, there are a lot of folks in the program with less than stellar starts, but great recent performance. My overall undergraduate GPA is 3.3/3.7 science, but my last 45 were 3.93/3.97 or so. My science GPA when I started my prerequisites was 3.0--10 semester hours of B's--and I took enough science classes such that those B's fell off of most of the prerequisite/last 45 calculations.

Archived