How long did it take to get your PANCE Scores

Janee302...if you dont mind me asking, what letter does your last name start with and what state are you in? My classmates and I have still received no word and are a nervous wreck! Just thought maybe they do this alphabetically or by state or something. Probably not, but trying to tell myself something to feel better...lol! Did they just post your score within the last little bit?

• 1 month later...

I forgot to update, but I did pass!!

Some tips:

I read Step Up To Medicine from cover to cover. I used the PAEA book (A Comprehensive Review for the Certification and Recertification Examinations for

Physician Assistants: In Collaboration with AAPA and PAEA). I did all the practice questions I could get my hands on, CDROMs that came with some of the study books and Exam Master. A couple weeks before the exam I paid the $35 to take the practice exam offered by NCCPA (same website you sign up for the boards on). That helped me see where I was weakest. I focused on those areas, then just spent the whole last week before doing practice exams.

Also, this is random, but when I took the exam I approached it different than the first time. I used the dry erase board and "took notes" on the questions. I would shorthand as if I were seeing the pt and taking notes to present. Ex) 33 F, hx MI, CVA; 3 day hx CP, Meds: nitro... Etc. So that really helped me slow down (a problem of mine to

go to fast) and really figure out what they were asking (another problem sometimes I'd miss the pt being pregnant, etc).

This website: http://www.mometrix.com/bonus948/pance = The study secrets and some of the other files are helpful. They're from a book called PANCE Secrets Study Guide but that book is horrible (I bought it).

• 1 year later...

Archived