Why am I not receiving any interviews??

I am 22 years old. Received bachelor degree last May.

This is going to be my 3rd year applying to PA schools.

The first year I understand why I was denied. (Applied to 1 school)

The most recent cycle I applied to 11 schools and didn't receive an interview to any schools. I applied in October so maybe I applied too late?

My current gpa is 3.5 science and overall

All PA prerequisite classes (even two semesters of physics) were taken except for biochemistry. My worst grade was in organic chemistry which was a C+.

I have been volunteering in EMS and then as an EMT for 3 years over 1000 hours

I work as an EMT over 1000 hours

I shadowed a PA 300 hours

My gre score was low 145 for each.

I believe I wrote a solid personal statement and had solid letters of recommendations.

So this cycle will I get an interview?? I plan on applying early. This has been extremely frustrating as I really want to start PA school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ Yep.  Also, retake the GRE if you can.  If schools use it to filter apps, your 290 will not make the cut (usually a 300 will), so many schools may not even be seeing the rest of your app at all.

Keep in mind that you aren't a shoe-in - it all comes down to who you are up against this year.  At your 3rd year of applying I would have expected more HCE accumulated.  The 2000 hours you have listed is the minimum for a lot of programs.  Make sure you apply to schools where your stats match the stats of the matriculating students.

Dude, by October most schools are already decided on candidates. Just because a school's deadline is March 1st doesn't mean they wait until the deadline to review applications. Some do, but it's all varies from school to school.

You have 2 routes; retake the GRE and get above a 300 to meet cutoff or apply to schools that don't require the GRE. Apply as early as possible to have the best chance.

Thanks for the responses. I plan on applying to schools that don't require the gre as I do not do well with standardized test. How many schools is a safe amount to apply to so I have a legitimate chance of going to a school next year.

I plan on applying to schools that don't require the gre as I do not do well with standardized test.

Best figure out how to address this too. The GRE is no predictor for the PANCE/PANRE, but they are also standardized tests, and you get a limited # of attempts before you'd have to retake an entire PA program to try again. PA school tests tend to be somewhat standardized as well.

Archived