respiratory therapy course work

Hi Ive been a RT for 5 years now, while in RT school I came across some hurdles and barely passed the program. i graduated with a cum GPA of 2.5. I am now almost done my bachelors with a GPA of 3.8. if i decide to take the PA route (which is my current obsession/ dream) i would need to retake my bio pre-req due to the 10 year cut off. i calculated my cum GPA and if i get A in all my pre req I'm still accumulating a GPA of only 3.1. 2 questions, first is does caspa include all the RT classes into the GPA? those were 75 credits. second, do i stand a chance with a low GPA? i don't want to waste time and re take my bio classes if I'm set up for failure. 

ALL classes count for your CASPA GPA. A 3.1 GPA is a big hurdle. However, the 3.8 GPA shows a good upward trend. Have you considered a master's? How much HCE do you have?

Look around on this forum in detail for other threads like yours. See what they did, and what was suggested/ discussed. Take a few days to do this. The answers don't change much.

You're in a similar boat as me. Focus on schools that evaluate your last 60 credit hours. Make sure you do well on the science courses you are re-taking. I recently met with an admissions counselor and folks like us with a lower cumulative GPA need to make sure everything else is very good. Science GPA, GRE, and health care experience should be your main focus. Even though I have a low GPA due to not being serious when younger, my 2nd bachelors had a 3.7, and my last 60 hours and all pre-reqs are a 4.0. Your patient contact hours will be above average for sure!! I have heard some RT's on this forum say some of their respiratory courses counted as science so you need to confirm that. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived